- The Ministry of Education, Science, Sports, and Culture started the Human Genome Project and Human Genome Center (Laboratory of Genome Database) was established as its standard-bearer.
- Laboratory of Structure Genomics started. A prefabricated building of the center was completed.
- A super parallel computer system was introduced. Laboratory of DNA Information Analysis started.
- The MESSC human genome project proceeded from its first stage to the second stage. Laboratory of Molecular Medicine and Laboratory of Genome Technology started.
- The main building of Human Genome Center was completed. A supercomputer system for genome informatics was introduced.
- Laboratory of Sequence Analysis and Laboratory of Functional Analysis in silico started.
- The building of multidisciplinary research was completed.
- Department of Public Policy started.
- Division of Systems Biomedical Technology started.
- The supercomputer system "Shirokane1" was introduced.
- Division of Interactome Medical Sciences started.
- The supercomputer system "Shirokane2" was introduced.
|Jul,1991 - Oct,1992||Mitsuaki Yoshida|
|Oct,1992 - Mar,1995||Yoshiyuki Sakaki|
|Apr,1995 - Jan,2011||Yusuke Nakamura|
|Feb,2011 - Mar,2014||Satoru Miyano (Acting Director)|
|Apr,2014 -||Satoru Miyano|